Sunday, November 29, 2015

Free Write (CHRISTMAS)

It's Thanksgiving Break which, to me, is the start of the holiday season. I am a christmas fanatic. It's by far my holiday and I obsess over getting the decorations up and decorating the tree. I love coming home after school to a decorated house and a christmas tree. I love the smell of christmas trees and scented pine cones and I love all the traditions that come along with the holidays i.e. ice skating (even though I actually hate ice skating), making cookies, wrapping presents, making puzzles, etc. I start listening to christmas songs in October and the day after thanksgiving I get out the christmas box. As a little kid it was hard for me to wait for christmas day, because I obviously couldn't wait to get presents, but now that I'm older I enjoy the weeks leading up to christmas far more than I enjoy the day itself. Christmas day is honestly kind of disappointing because it is the end of the holiday season and after I've opened my presents I honestly feel sad every year. Believing in Santa Claus is basically the coolest thing on the planet. I don't understand how it's even possible to get millions of kids to believe in something that doesn't exist for so many years, but the fact that they do is so cool. I wouldn't be able to the sleep the night before christmas because I was so excited that Santa was coming, but now that I know he doesn't exist christmas isn't as fun. I would do anything to be able to believe in Santa again, but alas I know he is not real and I'm stuck waiting for the day that I have kids and can play along in making them believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment